Velko Ivanov wrote:

The problem is easy to reproduce in a few simple steps - assuming clean installation from the .tgz release, here is what I do:

1. create an instance (of course), zope.Manager granted principal is crated by the mkzopeinstance script. 2. uncomment the sample zope.Member principal 'frodo' in principals.zcml and run zope
-- using the browser from now on:
3. login with the zope.Manager principal use the grant tool to grant zope.Manager role at the top of the site to the 'frodo' principal 4. go to manage site -> site management and add a database adapter, gadfly will do, dbi is something in the form of dbi://dbname;dir=/tmp, or any other dir as apropriate
5. login as frodo and go to /++etc++site/tools/yourdbaname
6. select the test page and just click on 'execute'
7. unauthorized
8. if you try (5),(6) with the zope.Manager principal, you will see the database adapter working as expected (producing an error in this example actually, but not 'unauthorized' exception)

Ugh. The problem seems is that the UI grant tool work only for locatable objects like folders, pages and so on. For example if you go to /@@grant.html and grant some role/permission for a principal a local security map will be stored in the root folder annotations. Then if you access some folder at /aFolder zope.app.securitypolicy.zopepolicy.ZopeSecurityPolicy does the following:

1. check for security map at /aFolder
2. get the aFolder's parent (the root folder in our case) through the '__parent__' attribute
3. check for security map at /
4. check global security map defined through configuration

Then global security declarations will be overridden by local security declarations.

If object doesn't have a '__parent__' attribute and any associated security map the security check will be based only on global security map.

Maybe we need always check security map at the root folder?

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
    http://hlabs.spb.ru