Stuart Bishop wrote:
If this is a way of saying "I'm iterable, but I don't want to tell you how
long I am"

Right.

shouldn't an exeption be raised? Otherwise 'for i in range(0,len(source)):
foo = source[i]' could start blowing up if the source changes.

Of course, that particular spelling would be a strange way to iterate over the values, and a source from a non-ZODB back-end really should provide the C in ACID, but point taken. :)

That is the way vocabularies do it, something else might work better. Now would be the time to talk about it.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer