Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Why does the z3 server parse this cookie and end in a
> CookieError?
> This happens useing ie 6.0 explorer.

>   File "C:\Python24\lib\", line 453, in set
>     raise CookieError("Illegal key value: %s" % key)
> CookieError: Illegal key value: Williams/OU

Because the cookie key contains an illegal character. See line
251 for the legal characters allowed in a cookie key; the / is illegal;
that is, the cookie RFC doesn't allow slashes in key values. Allowable
characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and any of the characters (without the

(I misnamed the applicable lines in your bug report, sorry).

As stated in collector item 450, I think Zope3 should log such cookie
errors in the log and otherwise pretend the cookie was never sent.

Martijn Pieters