On Sep 6, 2005, at 1:08 AM, Stuart Bishop wrote:

So the only thing I think needs changing here is the documentation
suggesting returning maxint from __len__.

While I think there is agreement on this, have we settled in on a solution? Raising NotImplementedError or some other error to indicate that the len is currently too big to calculate, as Stuart first suggested, seems reasonable to me, but I'm not one to be saying what's best for the Python internals. I don't think returning the CPython default of 8 (if I understood that correctly) meets our use cases.

Gary