Hi Benji,

Benji York wrote:
I've attached a self-extracting file with what you need to get started.

What is it exactly? I'm not sure I like the idea of running .exe's that have been emailed to me ;-)

Windows slaves should be run on a machine that is not used interactively (because of CPU load and windows that pop up).

Okay, I'll set it up when I get a chance...

Also, a question: the current procedure doesn't require that you have a compiler on the machine you want to run the slave on, but we might in the future. Would you be able to run your slave(s) on a machine with a VC6 (for Python 2.3) or 7 (2.4) compiler? Do you think that is a reasonable requirement for people who want to run slaves on Windows?

I think it's a perfectly reasonable requirement, but raises a couple of questions:

Where do I get either of those versions of VC++ from? Also, how can I build both 2.3 and 2.4 stuff on one machine?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk