Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
Stephan Richter wrote:

On Sunday 11 September 2005 11:32, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

it there any technical reason why:

 tal:define="displayable nocall:context/displayable"

could not return the adapted object based on the context instead of
triggering a traversal error?

Yes. You are not using the path adapter syntax as far as I can see. You need to have: object/path_adapter_name:function

You should check the parsing implementation (probably some traversing code) to see about the assumptions.

Regards,
Stephan

I know that, I was about to file this as a bug, or write a proposal to let

tal:define="adapted nocall:object/path_adapter_name"

return the adapted object, but I found a workaround, by adding:

You both are off on the path adapter syntax.  The syntax allows
the attribute name to be ommitted.  You can write:

  tal:define="adapted nocall:object/path_adapter_name:"

(note the trailing colon)

to get just the adapter.  Note that the syntax:

  ob/foo:bar

and

  ob/foo:/bar

are equivalent.

This syntax is kinda silly, as pointed out in:

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/TALESPathExpressionAdapters

Unfortunately, because we could never agree on an alternate syntax, we're stuck
with the current syntax, at least for now.

Jim