Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
- BUT, given that it's a big change and likely invalidates a lot of dead
tree material, I'd suggest we just stick with principal and be done with
it ;-)

If that last point were the doctrine by which previous refactorings had
to be undertaken (e.g. the refactoring of the Component Architecture),
we would still be stuck with services and other antiquated concepts.

I'd hardly call them antiquated. I agree that early on in a project, the freedom to change and refactor freely is great, but at some point, when you want lots of people to adopt your project, you need to slow down and stop making wide ranging changes unless you really really need to.

In this case, it's a largely cosmetic change that doesn't do anything except invalidate a whole load of documentation ;-)