Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Steve Alexander wrote:
[snip]

I don't think systems should be built relying on being able to annotate
principals.  That sounds kind of implicit.  I'd rather see a first class
User concept.

That was more the statement I was looking for. That, and a statement
regarding the PrincipalAnnotation utility in particular...

I ended up creating a first class User object too. See also my note about being able to access these in content space.

In my application the authentication service inspects the 'users' folder in content space and exposes these as principals. It does something very similar to groups.

In a scenario using LDAP things would be different again, though.

Regards,

Martijn