Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
  >>> from zope.app.content.interfaces import IContentType
  >>> from zope.app.file.interfaces import IFile
  >>> from zope.interface import directlyProvides
  >>> directlyProvides(IFile, IContentType)

Watch out! directlyProvides is evil, it *replaces* the interfaces provided by something. Here, if IFile implemented something else, it would be lost.

You should always use:

  directlyProvides(ob, ISomething, directlyProvidedBy(ob))

(Or use a convenience method to do that, I'm not sure if alsoProvides() was ever implemented.)

Florent