Roger Ineichen wrote:

Exception Type
UnicodeDecodeError
Exception Value
'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 891: ordinal not in
range(128)
body = ('%s\n<base href="%s" />\n%s' % UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 891: ordinal not in range(128)

I got plenty of these recently, but it was all my fault. I was trying to output some unicode strings with non-english characters and it took me some time until I got it right. If you have strings in .py files, which contain non-english characters, try the following:

- save your .py files as utf8
- put a comment on the first, or second line of the file:
  # coding: utf8
  this takes care of python's warning
- decode all offending strings:
  'some string'.decode('utf8')