On Sep 26, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Monday 26 September 2005 13:36, Florent Guillaume wrote:

In Zope 3, is it worthwhile to have a kind of ObjectWillBeCopied/
Added event for that, or do you guys feel that this kind of vetoing
should be done by simply subscribing to ObjectAddedEvent or one of
its friends?

I think this is a good event to have. And the way event subscribers can veto is by raising a user exception. We have this zope.app.dependable package, but it will not work for this use case; maybe this code needs some new thought.

I believe this is still the final goal for this sort of story:

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ ActionPlans