Jim Fulton wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

Stephan Richter wrote:

On Friday 30 September 2005 04:58, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Such an event however does not appear to be fired when an
UnauthenticatedPrincipal gets fired. This makes adding groups to such a
principal not so easy.

I think you are right. Feel free to add this feature.

Right, I will tr to look into that in the future. I have a suspicion that the whole zope.app.authentication framework is more complicated than it has to be part due to the requirements of the whole etc/ framework.

It's possible that it's too complicated, but I can't see how to
blame site-management folders.

Okay, I was unclear. I think part of what's wrong is the UI. The authentication story has been written a bit too much towards a UI to configure it. This means that configuring it from Python code is a bit harder than it should be. Anyway, I need to think about it all some more.

 > The whole principal prefix story doesn't make life easier

either (both authentication objects as well as authenticator plugins have support for a prefix but to make it all work you can't specify a prefix in both places..confusing).

Hm, you should be able to.  This was badly broken a few months
ago and it was improved, but I never looked at what was done.  I guess
I'd better do that.

Oh, then it might in fact be fixed now -- I am still working against the beta here.

Anyway, still trying to convince the thing to swallow IP-based groups..

Regards,

Martijn