Stephan Richter wrote:
On Tuesday 11 October 2005 12:20, Martijn Faassen wrote:

[snip]

zope.org will be very heavy. zope3.org will be very light; a simple
Wiki-like site that promotes collaboration. Even marketing is out of
scope right now.

Can you point me to the place where this was decided? Zope 3 is urgently
in need of better marketing.

Well, Jim and I simply agreed that our communication tools have to improve. Since we cannot easily alter the technology on zope.org, we remembered having zope3.org around to play with.

Right, but I also had a chat with Jim about zope3.org at the Plone Conference and it wasn't my impression that it was just about the Zope 3 developer's wiki. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding in our conversation.

I think a lot of people on the list (not you specifically) have seen the project too concretely. We have not decided anything, other than an approach we would like to try. It might not work at all. We wanted to keep the goals minimal and to subjects that we understand well; and that is a collaboration tool. There is a lot of room for other experiments, content structure, suggestions, etc.

All I suggest is that we try those new tools on the existing Zope 3 dev Wiki pages, since this content has to be available anyhow.

Yes, I think calling the whole project zope3.org was a bit of a misnomer which set people to think about things quite different than your intent. That this happens to quite a lot of people is a hint that it might not be an optimal name anyway; people expect to see something else when they go there than that wiki. See my reply in the thread where I try to clean up our terminology.

Regards,

Martijn