Stephan Richter wrote:

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 17:53, Nicola Larosa wrote:
I suggest to extend the approach by adding monitoring of the resident
memory occupied by the process, alongside the execution time. Zope 3 is a
rather huge beast, doing all the things it does.

Can this be *reliably* done on all platforms? In other words, is there a *reliable* Python package that supports such features? If not, we can stop discussing such a feature right now.
I think the only reliable way is to write a new python debugger.

sub part:
For zodb objects, i was wondering if we could somehow size what's beeing pickled, since it's just a buffer.
we could therefore measure the size of what's beeing serialized in a test.
that's a measure, but i wonder if it can tell something.

Tarek Ziadé | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
CPS Plateform :
mail: tziade at | tel: +33 (0) 6 30 37 02 63
You need Zope 3 -