Hi Roger,

Roger Ineichen wrote:
The main question is, what's the base "source" for build the Zope3
application server. I guess this will be generated by zpkgtools in some way.
If I understand zpkgtools correct, we can use it for checkout the

The step after the checkout isn't clear to me right now for windows.

Tim posted a URL in another thread which I hope should clear that up... it may (and hopefully will!) mean more to you than it does for me...

We also have to define how Zope3 get installed on a windows machine. I don't like the normal installation where is located in the python installation root right now.

Is that where it ends up on Linux? If so, then we should respect that...

This means we whould offer a installation "by instance" where we don't share the zope/python libraries, located in the python installation root, and don't need to run "mkzopeinstance".

I'm -1 on this...

The best way to do all required steps would be a sprint. I guess
if the right people are there, it's possible to improve all parts
where we need in 3 or 4 days.

I guess you're volunteering to organise one then? ;-)

btw, A option for backup the Data.fs should also be integrated in the update (installation) process.

Don't really follow that... Backup has nothing to do with setup/install for me...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk