On Monday 17 October 2005 13:03, Mark R. Biggers wrote:
> Thank you Fred.   Read the Friendly Zope3 Site, ha!
> Your response does beg the question though - of the packages on the
> branch *not* included in the Z3.1.0 release, which are considered to
> be "optional-good" and "optional-not-ready-for-prime-time"?

What we are not releasing we are not committing to. Some are in better shape
than others, but we are not distinguishing between those; keeping a database
of the state of those packages would be very resource intensive.

> I have read that SchoolTool/Schoolbell needed zope.app.wfmc, and I
> thought there might be other current Z3 apps "useful for study", that
> might need optional packages...

Right, SchoolTool uses zope.wfmc and the zope.viewlet code in addition to the
standard release. zope.wfmc has been developed by Zope Corp. for a customer
project and zope.viewlet is based Roger's project work on pagelets that has
been adjusted to fulfill the ST use cases better as well.

Stephan Richter