I'm also want to offer me as fresh meat in this effort.
My proposition for site plan, index pages *mark*::
- *start page*, for registered users. Similar to Google PersonalPage
- search for users (by many criteria)
- profile page for each author (contacts, activities, group
membership, carma, send-a-messages)
- HelpCenter/ (good idea from plone.org)
- Novice Book (First 'Hello World' application)
- APIs/ (there is some ideas described later look for [*])
- a lot of howtos ;)
- books descriptions
- Other helpfull mess: FAQs, Videos, Links,
Tutorials, Glossary, Translators Guides,
Errors references, Products descriptions
and help sections
- Products area/
- ProductItems, it must be more usable then on plone.org,
zope.org variant is more understandable
[*] - if it is possible each product must have auto generated
APIs and custom help sections for each version.
- Groups And Communities/
- playground for interests group w/ hidden sections and (???I hate
it, but ppl like) discussion forums.
- projects wiki
- Maillists archives/
- Topic folders functionality for content published in
- Solutions Providers/
- many providers/
- similar to groups providers can publish some types of content
for ex. Press Releases, News, Trainings/Events.
- relevant experts
... and many other cool things.
HelpCenter area is simple (1 week), Groups and Communities 2 stars,
Products APIs area and Maillists harder for me.
User registrations and management partially done in our project Hivurt
(http://hivurt.org/, only splash).
Publishing of contents through personal workspace (look for my Zope 2
Wait for comments.
Mats Nordgren wrote:
My name is Mats, I've visited #zope-dev under the nick gnosis. I've long
Zope3-dev mailing list