with October winding down, the freeze on the trunk is coming quickly. So, if
you have any outstanding work, now is the time to get it done. During the
last week I have monitored the proposals and branches a bit and I think most
people are done with their work.
After Michael told me that WebDAV has to wait until 3.3., the only outstanding
- Dimitry (hdima): Merge the password manager branch. I know he is close, so I
am not worried.
- Jim (J1m): Merge the new zope.testing framework. I am not worried about this
- Stephan and other interested parties (srichter): Finish the static apidoc
generator script. I don't know whether I will get done, because I have other
things to do. The worst case scenario will be that there is no static apidoc
- Roger (projekt01): He mentioned to me that he will fix the Boston skin to
the new content provider and viewlet APIs. Since I think that the Boston skin
is very pretty and a good show case of the new APIs, I want to include it
into the release, if the work is done on Tuesday.
Did I miss anyone? Now is the time to speak up!
Once the feature freeze is complete, I would like to keep the trunk frozen for
about a month, so that the contribution bar for bug fixes remains as low as
possible. And bugs we have plenty. As people start using Zope 3, we have had
quiet a number of reports, some of which are really serious, like i18nextract
Thus I propose two bug days:
- Firday, November 4, 2005
- Friday, December 2, 2005
What do you guys think? Would people commit time on those days to the effort?
CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training
Zope3-dev mailing list