On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:08:09PM +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> 4. Every database adapter has an own interface which inherits from the
> zope one. This would enable the use of normal zope adaption which i
> would prefer, but again every adapter which should be used together
> with sqlos has to be changed.

This is also my slightly preferred option. It could work for mysql as
follows (/me waves hands rapidly):

1.  zope.app.rdb define IMySQLZopeConnection which extends
    IZopeConnection. IMySQLZopeConnection is just a marker interface.
2.  in sqlos register an adapter from IMySQLZopeConnection to sqlos to the
    IZopeSQLConnection.
3.  in mysqldbda provide an implementation of IMySQLZopeConnection, i.e.
    returns objects implementing IMySQLZopeConnection in place of
    IZopeConnection

--
Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"