It's possible, and even likely that text will be translated multiple times.
This seems to be happening with the form machinery.  I suggest that this is
a bad idea. :)

Perhaps we should do something about it.  Some options:

- Raise an error when it happens in testing.  The new test catalog I checked
  in could complain if things are translated multiple times.

- Prevent multiple translations by translating to "translated strings".  A
  string would be a unicode subclass.  If asked to translate a translated
  the translated string could be returned without change.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation