Jim Fulton wrote:
Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:

Maybe we should translate *only* a message id values in case of i18n:translate and tal:content/tal:replace and print a warning for any other values?

I think we should do the translation in either case.  But the translation
for a string or a id with an unknown domain should just return the original,
with interpolation, if necessary.  Perhaps we should have a warning in
dev mode.  We should also think about how development tools can be used to
help with this. The test language support I checked in yesterday should
help, I think.

Awesome tool! BTW another one use case for ++lang++. ;-)

 > Moreover it's Zope-3.1 behavior.

What is Zope-3.1 behavior?

I meant in Zope-3.1, only message ids are translatable in case of

 > For Zope-3.2 there was a

bug report at http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/455 partially fixed by me. Now I'm not sure the fix was a good idea. Main disadvantage I see is that it leads to bad i18n style for users.

This example is particularly agregious. Still, I think your fix is necessary.
I think we need better tools for checking i18n and l10n.

I'll plan to add a some statistics and warnings for i18nextract.

Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)