On Friday 11 November 2005 12:15, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > Log message for revision 40048:
> >   use a specific revision of the Zope 3 trunk for now until we have some
> > sort of tag available (e.g. a Zope 3.2 beta tag).
> We should have cut a Zope3-3.2 beta tag on the day of the feature
> freeze, so that release / stabilization activities could proceed without
> leaving the trunk frozen.  In fact, I thought we had committed to do
> first beta for 2.9 and 3.2 on 1 November.  Even if we don't branch at
> those points, we should be tagging the freeze point any any intermediate
> "OK, fixed that, now try again" points.

Yeah, but the bug day was a big flop for both Zope 2 and Zope 3, so Andreas 
and I (and even with Jim's approval) decided not to release. I also will not 
cut a branch until more bugs have been fixed, so that I lower the bar for bug 
fixers and force people to work on bugs not features.

BTW, I think that Philipp did the right thing. Depending on a specific 
revision is fine, though pointing to the trunk right now would work too, 
since it is feature frozen.

Stephan Richter
CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training
Zope3-dev mailing list
Unsub: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/options/zope3-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

Reply via email to