Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
OK, so to summarize this thread:
- __init__.py files are empty
unless for the convenient import of other modules located in the same
package or in a subpackage?
Actually, primarily for convenient import by external packages.
- public interfaces are stored in interfaces.py
- private interfaces are written along with the implementation code
- what about file names with an underscore at the beginning? They are
used in zope.schema for instance
A Python convention is that a leading underscore indicates privateness.
- what about import paths inside a same package: relative or absolute?
from mypackage.interfaces import ISomeInterface
from interfaces import ISomeInterface
Absolute always. Until the Python import mechanism is fixed, *always*
use absolute imports.
Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org
Zope Corporation http://www.zope.com http://www.zope.org
Zope3-dev mailing list