Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

Hi!

what is the rationale between the unique integer ids utility and the usage policy?

more specifically: why are newly added objects registered in *all* IntIds utilities? It does not make sense if the utility is registered locally. If they are local they should not be concerned with objects added elsewhere than outside their "scope".

can it be turned off in the application?

Yes, by not registering the subscriber that does this registration.
(We really need a way to override subscribers. Hopefully we'll
get this in the next release cycle.)

A common approach is to use one unique i utility for a system.
This aproach works for lots of applications, vbut certainly not
all.

Jim