On Nov 23, 2005, at 10:16 AM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Sounds crazy, I know. But I'm serious. Looking for your comments at:
http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ ReuniteZope2AndZope3InTheSourceCodeRepository

I already spoke with Philipp on IRC about this, but for the record, and speaking personally, and very arguably selfishly: -1.

I think it will place too much burden on the small group of Zope 3 developers, some (many?) of whom do not develop or use Zope 2.

Yes, I understand the corresponding response is that Zope 2 devs would theoretically contribute more to Zope 3. If the merge happens, I suppose we'll see if Zope 2 "pollutes" Zope 3, doesn't affect it, or helps it. Arguing about the future is a tough job.