Roger Ineichen wrote:
I'm not happy with this changes too. But I hope I can live
with that.

But I'm really not happy how this code get into the core.
We defined a proposal based process for announce such changes.

This was a pretty minor change, one that most of the people who
responded agreed with.

It's really bad if such changes break our unit tests and existing applications. Especially if this happens because of new events where are really ugly to trace down.

Did applications break? I wasn't aware of that.

It isn't uncommon for bug fixes to cause tests to "break",
especially when tests were asserting incorrect behavior.

Please propose such important changes in the future.

He did.  It could be argued that he should have waited a
bit longer for feedback.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation