On 30 Nov 2005, at 21:03, Jim Fulton wrote:
Florent Guillaume wrote:
On 30 Nov 2005, at 17:04, Jim Fulton wrote:
Florent Guillaume wrote:

On 30 Nov 2005, at 13:17, Jim Fulton wrote:

(Is there some reason for the urls you give to have spaces in them? It makes them harder to follow. It appears that this is a mac thing.
It's rather annoying.)

This is the delsp parameter of rfc3676, which apparently only Apple Mail implements, I've no idea why the other mailers haven't followed suit.

Perhaps because it is really annoying?
Only because Mozilla doesn't implement that RFC :-). Otherwise you'd be able to see perfectly wrapped messages and non-broken URLs.

I don't see how.  Here's an excerpt of the raw source of your message:

" From the archives I can find this was decided after:
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/
SimplifyObjectLifecycleAndLocationEvents
but without motivation for this part. I'm still looking for the"

There is no way for my mail client to know that
"http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/"; and
"SimplifyObjectLifecycleAndLocationEvents" should be clued together.
URLs often end in "/"s. Implicitly joining text following a "/" is fairly
likely to lead to invalif URLs.

Actually in the raw source there's a space after the / and before the CRLF. When delsp=Yes (which is the case in the original headers Apple Mail sends), and when the line is deemed "flowed" (which is the case here because the line ends with a space), the lines should be joined and one space character removed.

Florent