Dominik Huber wrote:
You can use zapi.isinstance (zope.security.proxy orig. place). This function is useful because it works even if the instance is security proxied.
I know that from irc but there are two issues:
-Fixing that in foreign code is dirty and error prone. In my own code i wouldn't have a problem with it.

-Why not fix it in the proxies if the problem can be solved? Thats the way much more clean way i think. You don't want to learn new ways, if the old ones can be made compatible.

For now i fixed that through monkey patching, but i don't like that.

Andres Freund