Hi Tarek,
>Before starting it up, I was thinking that it would be nice if the whole
>Z3 community would be using the same toolkit, and maybe, even integrate
>it into Z3 itself.

a toolkit that is shared by the whole  Zope community would be great,
independent of the question whether it should be part of Z3 core or not.
As an alternative http://svn.zope.org/zope3org could also be a place where
all contributors could access and maintain such a library.
>If this sounds like a good Idea, I would like to start a Z3 proposal on
>this topic, and contribute on its integration in Z3.

+1 on a proposal. I would like to contribute to such a package too.