I'm about to write an xml importer for importing simple data (properties, dictionaries). Exporting is easy, importing is trickier because a parser is required.

Is there any prefered framework for doing such things in zope3 (zope2)?

CMFSetup uses sax, GenericSetup uses sax too. ZCML relies on sax... Does it mean that writing a sax parser is the way to go, (again this is very simple data) or is there any other library recommended in the context of zope?

I have no problem switching between setup applications, but writing a parser is a bit of pain, so I'd like not to have to redo that part too often.