On Dec 6, 2005, at 5:35 PM, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
I don't know if Javascript is mature

(I think Benji's question is not whether JS is mature but the AJAX library landscape is mature; that's certainly what I question)

but I do know we all do javascript/ajax in our customer apps
today because it is already enhancing user experience, and we are able at this time to come up with common
needs and ways.

Sure: we're all interested in this because we think/know in will help our customer apps.

I was talking about a toolkit because it seems that most of the time there's a cohesion between a
web framework, its community, and a js toolkit:
even though they are independant, they kinda grow together because the web application feeds the toolkit with use cases, the community share knowledge and experience on both,
and the toolkit kinda give the manners to do things in the web app UIs

You're right, each of the various frameworks do seem to each choose a single toolkit. The difference between everybody's perspective, though--for instance, I tend to strongly agree with you about the CrackAJAX approach, but I know others who agree with Florent--makes me wonder if we should settle there. If we do, it seems like it ought to be a "light" (i.e., replacable) decision.

But anyway, it seems wise to start up with server side ajax views and other helper.

Cool.

I am looking forward for the proposal revision :)

Fair enough. :-)  I'll see what I can do.