Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 6. Dezember 2005 16:46:02 +0100 Jean-Marc Orliaguet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi!

I'm about to write an xml importer for importing simple data (properties,
dictionaries). Exporting is easy, importing is trickier because a parser
is required.

Is there any prefered framework for doing such things in zope3 (zope2)?

Sax or DOM...it depends on the usecase and the algorithmic approach you take. Sax is fast but you have to build your own datastructures, DOM is slow, takes a lot of memory but it gives you a tree to perform any fancy operation on it..

-aj

now I've tried both, DOM (minidom) works the best by far for small objects (that's by the way used in CMFSetup too). Updating global datastructures from events with Sax is a pain...

thanks
/JM