Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 7. Dezember 2005 10:29:16 -0500 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We need it.  We also need a single publisher.  We are (almost) at the
of a new development cycle.  We should be ambitios and try to make it
possible to use the Zope 3 puublisher in Zope 2 *and* provide backward

Backward compatibility must be the major goal for porting Z3 parts to Z2.

In the future will have two major release each year. People deploying enterprise-level applications on top of Zope 2 must have the feeling that their application will run in one or two yrs when switching to a newer Zope version without major problems.

We may even want to lengthen the deprecation period. Perhaps we should
even switch to time-based deprecation. This would be especially helpful
for components that appear in multiple distributions, for which release
numbers aren't meaningful.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation