Has anyone verified that ZEO doesn't work when using the twisted server? Has
noted any negative symptoms?  I expect that ZEO does still work, although in a
than optimal way.

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
Stephan Richter wrote:

On Thursday 08 December 2005 08:29, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 08:18:49AM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
| On Thursday 08 December 2005 07:06, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| > Just one thing that struck me right now. ZServer uses medusa/asyncore
| > and twisted has it's own 'main loop'. How do they play together in
| > Zope 3? Or they dont?
| They don't. Either you use ZServer or you use Twisted, but not both. So
| if you want to use Twisted-specific packages, like the scheduler, you
| have to use twisted, otherwise you are out of luck. I think this is
| totally fine.

What's the situation with ZEO then? The ZEO 'zrpc.client' uses
ThreadedAsync.register_loop_callback(), which is a evil monkeypatch to
asyncore. I haven't seen that change recently, so I assume this has
been ignored?

Yep. Nobody has complained to us about this yet. I personally do not use ZEO, so I could not fix the issue anyways.

I don't expect other people for me to fix this for me, but I suggest that this be noted somewhere where it can be seen, because ZEO is quite important for us running larger sites.

Even though many people do not use ZEO themselves, when considering and comparing web-app frameworks, it is a major pro for Zope to be able to provide cluster capabilities out of the box.

So the capability to use an alternative to ZServer for ZEO sites should, I suggest, be considered as a desirable future feature by ye Zope3 Gods.

My 0.02 €