Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 8. Dezember 2005 11:47:10 -0500 Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yep. Nobody has complained to us about this yet. I personally do not use
ZEO,  so I could not fix the issue anyways.

If twisted and ZEO are incompatible, then twisted needs *never* to be
the default;  ZEO is an essential part of Zope's "real world" story.  I
can't imagine even  *developing* without ZEO, much less deploying
applications in production.

This raises the question about what projects are important and what are the risks. Replacing the publisher appears to me like "nice-to-have" project but it does not appear so important to me. I would prefer to get e.g. the ZPT implementation from Z3 into Z2. This would resolve hopefully most of the current annoyances with ZPT in Z2.

Cool, then work on it.

Twisted integration was important to the people who worked on it.
No one asked *you* to work on it.

For myself, I think it is pretty important to:

- Support WSGI well, as that gives people a lot more flexibility
  on how to deploy Zope.

- Get out of the network server business. In a year or two, I'll
  be quite happy not to support ZServer anymore.

Are these the things *I* would have done first, maybe not, but I didn't
do most of the work.

It has to be pretty discouraging to Stephan to get these sort of complaints.
That's just not fair.

Change entails risk.  A change to the ZPT machinery is bound to introduce
problems that need to be fixed.  That's why we need people to contribute
by testing things.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation