Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 07:18:05AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| We should proceed by getting Z2 and Z3 to use a common
| publisher, presumingly based on the Z3 publisher.  This common
| publisher should:
| | - Be well documented and tested. | | - Use WSGI for HTTP | | - Be backward compatible with Both Z2 and Z3 | | - Should be highly customizable through components. This will
|   hopefully allow z2-stype and z3-style publication to coexist in
|   a single app server.
| | Again, I expect that the Z3 publisher will be the best starting point. | | Note that the Z3 publication framework splits functionality
| currently provided by the Z2 publisher into a publisher and a
| publication object.  An initial step might be top come up with
| a Z2 publication object that works with the Z3 publisher.

You haven't said anything about the server. I assume this Z3/Z2
publication object hybrid would run with with the Z3 server instead of
the Z2 ZServer.

Right. I suggest that it should support Zope 3's ZServer, but use
Twised by default.  I'd also like to move toward making Zope's
ZServer a separate project.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation