Am 12.12.2005 um 23:56 schrieb Fred Drake:

On 12/12/05, Janko Hauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is this done on purpose? Or is this implementation meant as a basic
one, which will be replaced by something like a filesystem storage or
the new zodb-blob support in the upcoming next version?

Our intention is to support the ZODB blobs directly in zope.file when
that becomes available.  The API is designed to make that reasonable.
The current implementation is meant to be a low-investment
implementation that can be replaced without changing the API when
blobs become available, and allow applications to be written now to
get all the benefits of using blobs once that is available.

Thanks for confirmation :-), so I will look more on the API side now. If I may ask one more question how is the setting of cache headers supported by this or possibly another API?

with regards,

__Janko