On Tuesday 13 December 2005 08:34, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> No, we just make the registration of layers optional. If you want layers
> to be registered (and marked with an ILayerType marker) for whatever
> reason, it's your choice. The framework shouldn't make you like it does
> now.

This will definitely backfire. Let's say I want to extend the wiki views using
some TTW development. But the wiki package does not register the layer, then
the TTW developer is cut off.

Note that I am not saying that the *framework* should require this, but it
should be at least a strong convention and people should do this registration
all the time.

Stephan Richter