Christian Theune wrote:

Well. First, the error would be something like an OperationalError (or
similar). Hmm. Not too distinguishable. Ideally we could:

- differentiate this kind of error from other OperationalErrors (like a
syntax error in your query)
The error in the traceback is

_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (2006, 'MySQL server has gone away')

- delete the _v_connection
- restart the transaction

Otherwise you might start over within a transaction that is out ouf sync
with the state of the mysql database.

Good point. Though, this particular error is about idleness, so I would think it unlikely that one would be resuming an 8-hour-old transaction. Could that happen?

-Jim Washington