Roger Ineichen wrote:
[Christian]
 Otherwise this function is likely to become a performance killer, as
 I'd have to go all over the place to remove stuff.

We do this everytime we delete a object. This is done with subscribers and dispatching events to sublocations if a ObjectRemoveEvent get fired.

Wouldn't this still be a performance killer? I.e. if a user gets removed in a large site, wouldn't an event need to be sent to all objects that have security annotations in the tree? And at the end, a large transaction, or a lot of transactions, would need to be committed. From my experience with Zope 2, this sounds like a potentially very expensive operation, right?

Regards,

Martijn