On Dec 21, 2005, at 6:42 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:

Gary Poster wrote:
zope/app/publisher/browser/menu.py, line 132, security proxies the 'modules' name. This is pretty annoying, and seems unnecessary to me for a zcml filter: trusted filesystem code. Anyone want to defend it?

Not only will I not defend it, I'll go so far as to prosecute it. :)

This is probably a holdover from the early Zope 3 ZPT implementation that, like the Zope 2 implementation, didn't make a distinction between trusted
and untrusted code.

Cool. OK, I'll rip out the ProxyFactory usage here from the trunk today.

P.S. Lennart Regebro has pointed out to me that the menu-filtering aproach
     is much in need of repair or refactoring. Maybe a nice project
     for the next release cycle.

Sounds good.

Gary