I've been working on trying to clean up the IResult/response.write mess.
I want to retract IResult from the public API.
Here's what I propose to do:
- Move IResult from zope.publisher.interfaces.http to
zope.publisher.http, thus making it a private interface.
- I'm arranging that a published method can simply return a file,
rather than a string. This will be how you can efficiently
return large results.
- I will provide a documentation file that will be available in
apidoc that describes this.
- Attempts to use response.write will point to that
documentation. I am still confident that this will
not cause a backward compatibility problem.
- Previous versions of Zope 3 supported neither efficient handling
of larger output nor streaming.
- Zope 3.2 will provide efficient handling of large results via
both Twisted and zope.server. It will not provide streaming.
We will revisit all of this in the next release cycle, although I am
confident that simply returning strings or files should be supported
If there are strong objections, let me know ASAP, but I think this is
the lowest risk option.
Jim Fulton mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org
Zope Corporation http://www.zope.com http://www.zope.org
Zope3-dev mailing list