Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 29. Dezember 2005 10:08:03 -0330 Rocky Burt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>  > Another argument against removing python expressions: in Zope 2
>>> scripters could directly modify and test templates, script etc. (also
>>> using the skins tool). In Z3 you have to restart the server at least for
>>> view classes (but not for templates).
>> Personally I would say implement logic that allows view classes to be
>> reloadable rather than relying on zpt for exactly this reason if this is
>> indeed something developers need/want (I would love for such a feature).
>>  This was also one of the nice things about writing python scripts as a
>> skins item with CMF as it was instantly reloadable.
> To bring it to the point: _scripters_ should be able to develop in Zope
> 3 as easy as in Zope 2 :-)
> -aj

Or at least almost as easily as in RoR or Django. TTW is not a
requirement; Chris McDonough's "TTB" posting was right on target

There are 3 PHP developers in the group I work in, and they know they
want something better, and they like Python. But when they look at Z3
they get all upset & confused.

Is this (increased usability for non-experts) a possible project for the
Zope sprint at Pycon? I'll be there. And since I am not an expert
myself, I will have a head start.

-- Wade Leftwich
Ithaca, NY