On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:29:47AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Brian Sutherland wrote:
> > Yes, building and testing tarballs.
> What does this mean?  What tar balls? Do you mean releases?

basically the contents of releases/Zope-test.py.

For schooltool, the testing script I use is the same as the script I use
to make a schooltool release. In fact the products of these tests are
called the schooltool nightly tarballs and are actually released.

> > Another interesting idea is testing old bodies of code against newer
> > Zope 3 versions. For backwards compatibility. For example, schoolbell,
> > released with Zope 3.1 fails its tests with Zope3.2.
> I think this is a great idea.  We do this internally.  Of course,
> it doesn't make sense to send schoolbell test failures to the Zope 3 list.
> It does often make sense to raise breakage issues in the collector,
> or on the list.

Great, here is the first:

from zope.server.http.publisherhttpserver import PublisherHTTPServer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 1115, in ?
    exitcode = main(sys.argv)
  File "test.py", line 1077, in main
    test_cases = get_test_cases(test_files, cfg, tracer=tracer)
  File "test.py", line 333, in get_test_cases
    test_suite = func()
 line 630, in test_suite
 line 2334, in DocTestSuite
    module = _normalize_module(module)
 line 235, in _normalize_module
    return __import__(module, globals(), locals(), ["*"])
line 49, in ?
    from zope.app.server.http import http
ImportError: No module named http

Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"