Am Donnerstag, den 12.01.2006, 12:52 -0500 schrieb Jim Fulton:
> > Is this intentional?
>
> Yes.  self is never proxied.

Ok. Just for my understanding: This results in a behaviour similar to
Java where you can access everything within your own class, regardless
of private/public declarations. (It's not the same thing, but has
similarities.)

>  > I'm not sure about that. I feel like those calls
> > should work with proxied objects as well.
>
> I don't agree.  At some point, you have to trust code,
> especially methods.

Is there a distinct border that makes it behave that way when you leave
view code and switch to (content) components?

>> [patch by me pointing out differences between C-optimized proxy code
>> and the python version
> Good point.

So which one would be the correct one? Should there be a unit test
catching this?

Christian