Use case

I would like to be able to construct smart forms with AJAX, that asynchronously
a progress bar about uploaded datas. This is a quite interesting feature for
forms that have files.
(the 'hey i am not dead' effect)

This feature has nothing to do with Z3 core of course, but there's a small
problem to implement it.

Javascript side is quite simple to realize to create those kind of forms, but
it needs
to be able to monitor the state of a given request in another thread.

The server should be able to tell the amount of data it has already received
for a given
request, etc..

Add somewhere a table that keeps infos about all live requests, like:

- the current state: receiving | processing
- additional infos:
    receiving -> amount to receive / amount received
    processing -> what's beeing done (_last_obj_traversed, etc..)

and a few apis to get these infos

this could be hooked in the publisher's request classes in `processInputs()`,
where we get the stream from twisted IIRC

Could slow down the publisher

They are other use cases for such monitoring apis, when asychronous calls are
involved (like zasync)
Also I wouldn't mind having a 'cancel' button on my form, but this is another
chapter :)

Any thoughts on this ?

Tarek Ziadé | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
CPS Plateform :
mail: tziade at | tel: +33 (0) 6 30 37 02 63
You need Zope 3 -