On 1/24/06, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gary Poster wrote:
> >
> > FWIW, me too.  I'm no XML guru (as Fred will attest ;-) ) but reading
> > the namespaces on an XML file seems like basic XML procedure.
>
> Well, the reading of them is the lesser of my two complaints...
>
> I find it irksome to have to type them at the top of ever file. Is there
> no way that they could be pre-bound in the XML parser? That way you'd
> only need to inlcude them if you wanted to rebind them...

It's like those damned imports in Python. Why can't everything just be
available in one big honkin' namespace automatically?

;-)

Seriously - it's not that bad. ZCML's use of namespaces is judicious,
I believe. There's no namespaced attributes - just the directives. I
too use browser: as the default namespace in my browser focused ZCML
files.

There's only one or two things to type, ever. The namespaces are easy
to remember. I can't believe it's a big deal at all. It's certainly a
case of 'explicit is better than implicit', I believe. Like with
Python code and modules and avoidance of import *, it makes all names
easily traceable.

Are you using an editor that makes it difficult to go to the top of
the file to check on the names?