Jim Fulton wrote:
Also, on a related note, I've been somewhat impressed lately
with the way people have been able to twist ConfigParser beyond
its apparent capabilities in both Paste Deploy and in our prototype
buildout system.  In particular, we've been able to create hierarchical
sections by introducing the equivalent of path separators in section
names.

Interestingly a proposal has been made on python-dev to replace/supplement ConfigParser with ConfigObject. The message summarizes its features and benefits: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-January/060138.html.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer