Christian Theune wrote:
On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 18:46 -0200, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 09:37:03PM +0100, Christian Theune wrote:
| Is it intentional that there is a distinction? It took me quite a while
| to actually notice that minore difference and come to the conclusion
| that there are two different mechanisms used.

There's a proposal from Shane Hathaway to remove this distinction, as
I understand it. It might have been accepted already, and he had code
ready to checkin.

I found the proposal you're referring to. I don't think this tackles the
issue I found.
Shane is talking about the event log copies of the tracebacks, not the
error page shown to the browser.

It's checked in, but perhaps there is some other code that also needs to use the custom traceback formatter. The conversion is trivial. Replace this:

  from traceback import print_exception

with this:

  from zope.exceptions.exceptionformatter import print_exception