Jim Fulton wrote:
Fred Drake wrote:

On 1/30/06, Michael Howitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have an interface with two password fields which should be equal:

class IUser(Interface):
   password=zope.schema.Password(title=u"password")
   password2=zope.schema.Password(title=u"password again")

Gary outlined one approach, but I'll suggest another possibility anyway.

If the purpose of repeating the field is only to provide a "confirm
password" field for the user interface, it may make sense to provide a
new widget for Password fields that does all that itself, instead of
putting that in the data model.

At that point, you have only one password field in your model, but the
form can still deal with password double-entry in reasonable ways.

+10

I built such a password + confirmation widget for the Document Library
application we've been working on. It would not be difficult at all to
put this in the hurry library for others to use. Or maybe it should go
in Zope3's codebase?

I'll put that on my todo list :)

kind regards,
jw